Scattered Thoughts

Thursday, 9 March 2017

Normal Days #74

This One's for the Girls

So..women's day, huh?
All day you will receive texts alerts from subscription services, emails from the advertisement agencies, texts from your girl fraternities, well this I am writing from Abu Dhabi so here is already March 9th, the next day and it has all boiled down to another day.

Yeah it was women's day y'day?
"So what?" One of my colleague said to another, "I still had to cook, get kids ready for school & come to my male chauvinist pig boss?"

So this write will be about you girls, I have to write it for me to remind me the agendas and the theories we form for the welfare of certain sections of society believing we are doing 'em shit load of good but by the end of the day we exploit 'em in every which way we can, or blatantly ignore 'em of their existence. And forgive me of this write would be all over the place. Or don't. I don't care, judge me all you want. I'm right here.

First of all a lil background about the situation at my home where I grew up:

When a tragedy happened my mums came back to her place to live with her folks, I was 3 she was 28. I had influence of my granny (my mums mother) and my mother my whole life. The era in which I grew up in I think all the western folks thought about our country as underdeveloped and poor and everything in b'ween. But let me tell you one thing, in our culture women generally have all the power. At home, be it a mother, wife or daughter. She has all the say in EVERY. SINGLE. THING. But I guess daughters have power no matter what is the culture. No man at my home could deny any one of 'em anything.
Anyway, I ain't saying that we are perfect but since ages we have been worshipping women or Aadi Shakti (Immortal Power) of women. This concept of equality and/or staying with men baffles me really.

या देवी सर्वभुतेषु शक्तिरूपेण संस्थिता
नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नमः।।  


I mean you guys are the one who give us birth, you are the one nurturing us, loving us, taking care of us and you want validation from men to say that you are equal to us? Really? The ones who can't figure the life 'emselves, you want approval from that species?

I thought you guys are intelligent. But then thanks to media and all that crazy stuff they keep telling women about not being equal. C'mon we men are slobs, pls don't compete or think us as a standard. We are uncivilized brutes, animals. Just be yourself.

Also this is my personal opinion, you can hate me for that:
My mother is MA Hindi &  has a degree in Education
My wife is MA Sanskrit & an MBA
My cousin sis is MBA in finance other one is doing MBBS

but in the end they take care of their homes, coz behind every successful man there is always a woman. I love it that way. They love it that way. That doesn't mean they are powerless or stupid or dumb. At my place it means they govern every thing related to us but our offices (sometimes even that also). Scary, huh?

I don't want their identities to lose in proving 'emselves to the world while they can make the home a better place to live, filled with love & laughter rather than work related tensions and worrying about the next promotion or meeting.

So Happy Women's Day to every single one out there. Love & respect from a guy who still is a lil traditional and orthodox in his approach. And I bow down to your divinity.

Independent Women

(To be Contd..)

1 comment:

alfarestents said...

Betty,
Your stitching is beautiful and I loved reading your interview and visiting your posted sites. :)
Harlequin Tents UAE